Sunday, February 3, 2008

insomnia or something like it

I think I may have insomnia...
Insomnia : inability to obtain sufficient sleep, esp. when chronic; difficulty in falling or staying asleep; sleeplessness
yes that does it... here goes with the self diagnosis, I have no trouble falling asleep it's the staying asleep, I woke up yesterday morning with a song in my head, at 3am, couldn't go back to sleep until 5...
it used to be different, I would have the hardest time going to sleep, my roommates (when i had them) would fall asleep at least an hour before me but i couldn't shut my mind down, now i can clear my mind before i fall asleep, however i can't make it stay off. i wake up thinking about random things, I wonder what the weather is like in Boston right now.... if i was home in Austin what would my life be like? These are the haphazardly placed ideas that wake me up in the middle of the night.
A good friend told me that i should take a sleep aid, maybe i need to just simplify....

1 comment:

Erin said...

Try not watching TV before you go to bed. I do this and it helps so much. I just read a little and then turn off the lights!