Thursday, August 23, 2007

Stay at home moms.... how DO you do it?!

Okay maybe it's because I'm sick but seriously I can't stay at home all day.
So all week I've been fighting this head crap that is going around. This morning I "wake up" and before I even attempt to take a shower I bow out, call my boss and tell him I'll be working from home today and then fall back asleep until 9. I stumble out to the couch, fire up my laptop and get ready to work. When all I want to do is go to sleep. I fight through the first couple of hours, thinking this is nice... I can listen to John Coltrane and Louis Armstrong while I work... (I'm an old 25 I know...) then lunch time rolls around. So I set my alarm and crash on the couch for an hour. Wake up at 2 and finish my "shift". My clients must have known I wasn't feeling up to par, because they really laid off today, so I was able to catch up on some things that have been collecting dust. So 6 finally rolls around and I realize I've never been more bored in my LIFE! Granted I don't have children running around to occupy my time but seriously. So now my entire house is clean, all the laundry is done and my bag for the weekend is packed, (I'm going down to visit my parents this weekend) and all I want to do is be outside. I'm going to bed... even this post is lame....

2 comments:

Tess said...

I can see how you and Erin are friends, this sounds just like her :-)

email said...

We rearrange furniture on graph paper. :)