Wednesday, August 8, 2007

thanks erin....

So after several conversations with Erin starting off with "Go read Tessie's blog..." I decided to join this little blogging cult. Not really sure how this works but after the wonderful advice of "who cares, just write" I'll give this thing a shot. I make no promises however...
So I'll start with this, it was a random Tuesday and after seeing a friend's apartment for the first time the night before I decided it was time to revamp my house. I'm at work printing off copies of my floor plan and with a ruler and a pencil (ocd at it's finest) am mapping out where all of my furniture is now and on another copy where it all should be. After several hours of mapping it out perfectly...(what a wonderful way to spend the work day) I get home, move everything accordingly and HATE it! so much that I wanted to cry. So, I then throw the stupid floor plans away and end up arranging the furniture some way completely different from either original design.... see people there is no since in planning, it never turns out how you originally thought it should!
how's that?

3 comments:

Erin said...

You should have cut out little pieces of furniture and done it on graph paper! That would be OCD as its finest.

Tess said...

Hi Misty, I clicked on over from Erin's blog, hope you don't mind!

I love to rearrange furniture too, but the house we now live in seriously has ONE possible furniture arrangement and THAT IS IT. Sad.

Anyway, if you DO ever read my blog, leave a comment! Also, don't worry, Erin is totally normal even though she happens to know me :-)

email said...

I've done the cutting out and arranging in a room drawn on graph paper. I am a primo example of OCD. It still doesn't turn out like you think. Apparently furniture is 3-dimensional. Who knew? Next time I'm using a cardboard box and some of my kids blocks.